It was a winner with my friends.
There were 24 of them.
They enjoyed it.
And I am happeeee!
Ingredients: (for an 8-inch / 20-cm cake tin)
1 1/2 kg shredded radish, drain juice and set aside
225g rice flour
40g corn flour
2 cups water (include radish juice, water for soaking mushroom and scallop)
2 pieces Chinese sausages, chopped
6 to 8 pieces dried mushrooms, washed, soaked, drained and chopped
3 pieces dried scallops, rinsed, soaked, drained and chopped
40g dried shrimps, washed, soaked, drained and chopped
3 shallots, sliced
1/2 chicken stock cube
pepper to taste
sugar to taste
1. Heat some oil in a pan and saute shallots till fragrant.
2. Add in sausage, scallop, dried shrimps and mushrooms and fry till well mixed.
3. Season with chicken stock cube , sugar and pepper.
4. Add in radish and mix well with ingredients. Taste to add more seasoning if required.
5. Mix water and 2 types of flour, strain to get rid of lumps.
6. Once radish is partially cooked, slowly pour in the flour mixture and mix quickly
to prevent lumping. Mix well and turn off heat. Radish mixture should be thick.
7. Pour into lightly greased cake tin and pat the surface to level it.
8. Steam for 40 to 50 minutes. Let it cool completely before cutting.
9. Sliced to desired thickness and pan fry.
All 'steamed up'!