300g yam, cubed
250g rice flour
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1 litre water
3 pieces dried mushrooms, soaked and sliced
100g chicken meat, chopped
40g dried prawns, soaked and chopped coarsely
60g shallots, sliced
2 tablespoons oil
salt, sugar to taste
sliced red chilli
1. Mix 500ml water with rice flour and tapioca flour and set aside.
2. Heat oil and saute shallots till fragrant and add in chicken, dried prawns, mushrooms and stir fry for a while.
3. Add yam cubes and water. Cover to cook yam till slightly soft. Add seasoning to taste.
4. Stir flour mixture and add to yam and stir immediately to mix well as it thickens.
5. Pour into a greased 18-cm tin and steam for about 45 minutes.
6. Cool before removing from tin. Garnish and serve with chilli sauce.
Stir-frying before the flour mixture