I am counting the hours and looking forward to a new year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!
May the new year bring fresh hopes, new ideas and good health to all my fellow bloggers, friends and visitors!
On a whim, I felt like baking something chocolatey and hence I picked this one.
150g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
180g butter (sorry folks, I forgot this!)
200g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon nescafe mix with a little hot water
180g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 packet cream cheese
4 tablespoons caster sugar
1. Sift flour and cocoa powder.
2. Melt butter and let it cool before adding eggs, nescafe and sugar. Mix well.
3. Mix in flour and cocoa well before adding in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into a lined and lightly greased tin.
5. Prepare cheese mixture by creaming cheese and sugar till well-combined.
6. Add in eggs and cream until smooth.
7. Place blotches of cheese mixture on top of the brownie mixture and make swirls with a a palette knife.
8. Bake in preheated oven 150 deg C for 40 to 50 minutes or when some crumbs sticks to the skewer. Do not overbake or it will be dry.
Didn't quite get the swirls I wanted!
Can't wait to take a bite!
Moist, melty chocolate chips!
It's chocolatey enough and not too sweet! And now to make that cup of coffee to go with it!