And what an adventure it has been for me, sailing across the world, visiting food blogs and making friends!
The wonders of the INTERNET!
How crippled we would be if the big plug is pulled out!! (shudders!)
Potato patties or bergedil in Malay has been a favourite of my hub! He eats it with lontong or rice whenever he buys nasi padang. In fact he loves potatoes in any form except mashed potato.
I was in a good mood (how often have I ever been in a bad mood?) and decided to pamper my hub with some potato patties with his favourite corned beef! As if I haven't pampered him enough for 37 years! Yup been married for that long and have known him for 40 years!
Sorry for digressing..... when one gets old, one tends to be long-winded! LoL!
The Recipe: (all measurements are estimated as I did it according to taste)
1. Skinned about 6 to 7 potato. Halved them and slow boil in water to soften.
2. Use a fork and mash coarsely or finely as preferred and leave to cool.
3. Chop a few sprigs of spring onions and slice some shallots.
4. Stir fry shallots till nice and brown and drain oil.
5. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of canned corned beef, spring onions, shallots, salt and pepper to taste. If you want it spicy, just add some chopped red chillies.
6. Mix thoroughly and roll into balls and flatten a little.
7. Beat an egg lightly. Dip patties in the egg and shallow fry in a pan. Turn over after a few minutes to cook the other side. Serve warm.
I made extras and kept them in the freezer.