This recipe I tried turned out good though the colour of the cake wasn't too attractive.
The Recipe:(makes 10, depending on size of cups)
80g banana, mashed with 1/8 teaspoon salt
30ml evaporated milk
80g plain flour, sifted together with baking powder and b. soda
2/3 teaspoon double action baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
50ml oil (I used sunflower oil)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Start boiling water in steamer, reduce heat when it reaches boiling point.
2. While water is simmering, whisk egg and sugar till pale and creamy.
3. Beat in mashed banana and milk.
4. Add sifted flour and mix well.
5. Lastly add oil, vanilla essence and raisins and mix well. At this point, turn the heat up to get water boiling.
6. Spoon into greased cups, almost to the brim if you want a dome shape. I filled mine 2/3 of the cup.
7. Place cups in steamer. I used a cloth to wrap round the cover to prevent water droplets from dripping onto the cake.
8. Steam for 15 minutes. Cool and remove.
Steamed in heatproof plastic cups
Removed and dressed in cupcake cases
Pale-faced Banana Cupcakes!