Friday, February 17, 2012

Award Thrill and Healthy Banana Cupcake

I must apologise to Eelin and Chris for the late, late response in accepting the awards!
Thank you very much my friends. I'm indeed honoured!
This is indeed double joy which I ought to share with others.

I would like to pass this award to:

Baking Library
Blessed Homemaker
Keep Learning Keep Smiling
No Frills Recipes
Table for 2 or more
Wen's Delight
Honey Bee Sweets
Baking on Cloud 9


From Eelin


From Chris





HEALTHY BANANA CUPCAKE

Something happened while I was out yesterday. My whole comb of "ang bak chio" dropped from the hook which I use to hang the comb of bananas. How it happened, I had no idea. Anyway, whenever a banana or any fruit that has been knocked or bruised, it turns brown or black.
Sob! Out of ten bananas, I could salvage about seven of them. They weren't that pretty to eat and so they ended up in the oven and emerged in cupcakes!


Ingredients: ( adapted from Anncoo's )

50g Cake flour
75g Plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda

1 1/2 medium- sized eggs
60g caster sugar
100ml oil
30ml milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

5 medium-sized bananas, coarsely mashed


Method:

1. Preheat oven at 175 deg C.

2. Sift dry ingredients together.

3. Whisk egg and sugar till thick and creamy.

4. Add in milk, oil and vanilla and mix well.

5. Mix in mashed bananas and finally fold in the sifted flour.

6. Fill up cup 2/3 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of cups.


These are moist and soft!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award Judy! I guess it's good that you still can salvage some of those "fallen" bananas to makes these lovely cupcakes! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award. These banana cupcakes look so inviting. Looks real good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone must have sabotaged them la.... hinting that someone wanted some banana bakes. LOL.

    Thanks for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bee,
    These cupcakes are really good. I have made them a few times.


    Hi Cheah,
    I love this recipe which yields pretty soft and moist cupcakes.


    Hi Wendy,
    Hmmmm...this case seems kinda hard to solve! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this recipe a few times and is very nice! Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, your cuppies are all so nicely domed!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.