These are really crunchy and one piece is not enough! I baked these for my grandsons who are cookie 'monsters'. Hmmm.... which kid isn't?
90g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
175g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
75g rice crispies (I used Kellog's)
50g mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
a few glaced cherries, optional
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla essence and cream well.
3. Add flour sifted with bicarbonate soda and mix well.
4. Add rice crispies and chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture onto lightly greased tray, spacing the batter to allow for spreading.
6. Bake in preheated oven 150deg C for 25 to 35 minutes. Slow bake to get the rice crispies crunchy.