Been MIA for a very, very long time! Although I have been baking and cooking, posting what I had been doing definitely isn't what I can keep up with. Hmmm.... it all boils down to this problem I have - my lazy bone's been acting up!
Okie, enough of rambling!
I love nonya kueh, the real kind with all the calories in it! I dislike eating nonya kueh that are lacking in really good ingredients! Although I am quite the health nut, I indulge in really good nonya kueh.
It's hard to find really good nonya kueh nowadays. The only way I solve this problem is to make them myself!
445g coarsely grated tapioca ( I grated them myself as I wanted it to be coarse so that you can get some bite!)
60g tapioca flour
270g thick coconut milk
30g salted butter, melted and cool slightly
pinch of salt
50g fresh grated coconut (do not use the ones already squeezed for its milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 175 deg C.
2. Grease and line a 18-cm round tin with greaseproof paper.
3. Combine eggs and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Do not whisk the eggs.
4. Add coconut milk, butter, vanilla extract, tapioca flour, grated coconut and salt.
5. Pour into tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
I baked mine in patty tins as they baked faster.