Just as the name suggests, these cake-like slices do indeed require chewing. Anything that is nutty, has got to be chewed or masticated!
These are indeed indulgent slices. Sweet and chewy!
I couldn't stop at one, I had four!!
Those with a sweet tooth will not resist this.
160g unsalted butter
310g caster sugar (used 240g)
45g soft brown sugar (used 60g)
3 teaspoons vanilla essence
250g self-raising flour, sifted
150g white chocolate chips
150g almond flakes (used 170g)
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Prepare a 30 x 20 cm shallow tin, greased and lined, leaving the paper hanging over the sides. This makes it easier to lift the slice out.
2. Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat eggs till thick and creamy. Add vanilla essence, flour and cooled butter mixture and mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips and half of the almond flakes.
4. Spread evenly in the tin and sprinkle remaining almond flakes on top. The mixture is gooey and thick.
5. Bake in preheated oven, 170 deg C for 30 minutes or until golden brown. The centre will be soft and chewy.
6. Leave to cool in the tin and lift out and cut into squares or rectangles. Dust with icing sugar.