It was indeed nice and heartwarming to meet acquainted fellow bloggers as well as new ones.
It was kind and generous of E to open her house for the gathering. Thanks a lot E! And sorry for not staying back to help clean up!
It was FOOD GALORE!
We were all clicking away, capturing the delicious sweets and savouries. I had a great time eating and listening to everyone sharing their baking and travelling experiences etc! (Psssst.... I am a good listener, not much of a conversationalist!) I would have enjoyed further if I hadn't got to leave early. Thanks to all the ladies and the gentleman for the wonderful and delicious grub! Yummy! Yum! Yum!
This is the filling I used for the choux pastry that I made for the bloggers' meet today.
I made a chocolate version instead of a plain vanilla custard.
250ml full cream milk, set aside 2 tablespoons for mixing cornflour
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, mixed with a little hot water to a paste
60g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons milk.
2. Beat in eggs lightly to mix well before adding cocoa paste.
3. Bring remaining milk and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and pour in cornflour mixture, stirring all the time to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring till it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and mix well. Cool and then refrigerate.
5. Cream butter till light and fluffly. Add vanilla extract and cooled chocolate custard.
*Chocolate or vanilla custard can be used on its own as a filling.
*To make vanilla custard, omit cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
No chocolate coating?