Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Steamed Tofu with Braised Mushroom Meat Sauce

This is a super easy dish that can be whipped up in minutes. That is if you have mushroom meat sauce at hand which I do. I made quite a huge batch and had it frozen in air-tight containers. I only took out the amount needed, thawed and heated it up.




This mushroom meat sauce recipe can be found on Shirley's blog.
http://kokken69.blogspot.com/2010/08/braised-mushroom-meat-sauce.html


I tweaked the recipe to my taste and fancy. I omitted the five-spice powder (my family dislike the flavour), added more mushrooms, more fried shallots and included carrots to make it a one-dish meal.
Next I steamed a block of silken tofu (from a packet) for a few minutes and poured the heated meat sauce over it.
As it was a last minute decision to eat at home, I had neither spring onions nor cilantro to garnish.



The next time, I'll add in cubed potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
Ahhh..... the flexibility of cooking!!

7 comments:

  1. Simple and tasty food! A smart way to add tofu and become another delicious dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tofu very much and your tofu dish looks so delicious with the meat sauce topping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homey homey dish and I love it. Those braised meat cooked with cubed potatoes is another comfort dish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya, the braised meat mushroom is very versatile, can add to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey judy,

    its a good idea to pair tofu with the meatsauce. Adding cubed potatoes sound good. I love anything with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sauce is quite versatile to prepare based on individual's taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart dishes like this ... the gravy goes so well with rice. I want some :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.