Monday, November 22, 2010

White Chocolate Chips and Hazelnut Cookies

I've been busy for nearly a week, clearing stuffs and spring-cleaning. Some of my things are as old as the hills, errr... more than 45 years old. Goodness! What was I thinking! Maybe I was hoping that they could be preserved as antique or maybe I would slim down to my former S size. Hmmm fat hope!

Some of the usable stuff would probably go to charity, others I would try to sell off on Ebay like my kenwood major metal mixing bowls, K beater and whisk, murooku press set etc.



I baked these cookies just before I began spring-cleaning. They came in handy during my 'coffee breaks'. :) They were my energy boosters!
The cookies are super crunchy and the hazelnuts gave them a lovely flavour.


Look at the size of the cookies!


The Recipe:

130g butter, softened
70g caster sugar
70g fine sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg

150g Self-raising flour
150g plain flour

200g mini white chocolate chips
120g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped


Method:

1. Cream butter and sugar till light before beating in egg and vanilla extract.

2. Add in sifted flour and nuts and white choc chips. Mix well.

3. Roll into balls and flatten. The dough should not be dry.

4. Bake on lightly greased tray at preheated oven 160 deg C for 12 minutes. Cool and store in airtight container or eat them all up. (I got about 37 pieces of diameter 6 cm.)
They are quite addictive.

Crr........crunch!

15 comments:

  1. WOW! That's huge cookies :) Looks so good..

    BTW you said some of your stuff sold on Ebay, so I must open an account right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you reminded me it's about time to start spring cleaning again which I always dreaded...lol! This recipe is similar to your choc chip cookie. I had tried last week and is very nice. Very crunchy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love a good energy boosting cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann,
    I shall post the items when I'm done clearing. I'm only halfway thru. Yup, you have to have an Ebay account.


    Hi Wen,
    You're spot on, it's almost similar to the choc chip cookies.


    Hi Kimberly,
    I love them and but no good for my waistline! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dislike spring-cleaning for similar reasons. I can't decide what to throw and what to keep. Can you believe I still keep my school lectures notes which is more than 10 years old now?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tigerfish,
    We keep things for various reasons. I'm learning that if I've not touched or used something like in 5 to 10 years, then it's time to let go. Can you imagine I've things as old as my age!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring cleaning already? I do that very often, as I like to throw things off and on, so much so that my other half commented that one fine day I'll throw him out of the house! I feel very relieved once I clear off stuff! You forget those stuff after 3 years, then it's time to say sayonara to them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing how we accumulate things over the years? Like you, me too have things that belongs to my Mum and it is way older than me. That means it is more than half a century! LOL! Your cookies looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are huge cookies and they look so good and crunchy! Id love to snack on those. I know my hub would!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheah,
    Agreed that it's a good feeling of relief after discarding unused stuffs. I have more space.... to buy new things!


    Hi Quay Po Cooks,
    I've my mum's things too which are mementos to me.


    Hi Zurin,
    Every time I walked past the cookie jar, there would be a couple of cookies missing. Regretting baking them but not regretting eating them! I 'm beginning to look like a cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband loves white chocolate, these cookies would be great for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so cold here...Arctic blast! I wish I can have some of your cookies with a cup of hot coffee. That will give me big smiles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am 80% done with my spring cleaning....Good to know you're done! Cookies look great - I have to get started on my cookie journey soon as Christmas approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those giant cookies look great! I can't even effectively spring clean my freezer :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. white chocolate chips and hazelnuts? sounds heavenly great cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.