Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fried Bee Hoon

For lunch today, I had fried bee hoon. A favourite of mine but not for the rest.....
I use Tai Sun Chilli brand bee hoon because I like the texture. It doesn't break up easily even though it is stirred thoroughly unlike certain brands which break up into very short strands after frying.
Fried bee hoon has no specific recipe. Just add in any ingredients according to your fancy.

Here's what I did:
I used whatever I could find in my fridge or cupboard.

half a packet bee hoon soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
6 cloves or more garlic, minced
quarter of chinese cabbage, sliced
a medium-size carrot, coarsely grated
about 300g meat, sliced thinly (I used part pork fillet and chicken breastmeat. You can use prawns etc)
some button mushrooms, sliced
stock (chicken or prawn)
fish gravy
oyster sauce
light soya sauce
pepper
corn flour
oil

For garnishing:

red chilli, sliced
coriander leaves
spring onions
fried shallots


1. Drain away water and put bee hoon aside.

2. Marinate meat with some light soya sauce, pepper, cornflour and a little water so that it easily mixed.

3. Heat some oil, about 25ml and fry garlic, carrot for a few minutes. Then add meat and mushroom and stir fry till meat is slightly cooked.

4. Add some seasoning to taste and the cabbage.

5. Pour in stock and add beehoon. Stir fry till the bee hoon and the ingredients are well-combined. Cover and let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes.

6. Dish out and garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.