This is a double treat -nutella and chocolate chips cupcakes!
Just finished baking these cupcakes. They are for breakfast, my grandsons' breakfast. I once made orange cupcakes and they weren't so keen on eating them. They told me they preferred chocolate or chocolate chips. Well my dears, you have a double treat. Enjoy!
120g caster sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon salt
30 ml buttermilk
200g plain flour sifted with 2 teaspoons baking powder
120g mini chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
2. Beat in one egg at a time together with salt and essence at medium speed.
3. Add in the buttermilk.
4. Then add in flour and baking powder. Mix for 1 minute or so until well-combined.
5. Finally add in the chocolate chips.
6. Fill the cupcake cases halfway with mixture and then spoon 1/2 teaspoon nutella.
7. Then add more mixture up to 2/3 and top it with another 1/2 teaspoon nutella.
Use a toothpick to make a swirl.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 deg C for 20 to 25 minutes.