I like to make the fuss-free kind of jelly. In other words, I am quite lazy to go the extra mile for jellies. I admire those who take a lot of pains to make fanciful jellies. But I don't mind eating them if someone were to make it. :)
Here's my very own fuss-free and easy to make jelly
1 packet plain agar agar powder (I use 'Rose' brand.)
1 can fruit cocktail
3 to 4 ripe mangoes
1 litre liquid (I use the syrup of canned fruit, mango puree and water to get the amount.)
1. Drain canned fruit. Save the syrup to cook later.
2. Blend the mangoes and mixed with syrup in a pot.
3. Add water to make up 1 litre of liquid.
4. Add in sugar and mix in agar agar powder with a hand whisk.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring all the time. Remove from fire and add in the fruit and
6. Pour into a mould and leave to cool before refrigeration.
Time taken to make this jelly : 35 minutes
Hah! My better half has just requested for the Gula Melaka Coconut jelly. I promised him I would make it. It's just the question of 'When?'