Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fruity Fruit Jelly

I like to make the fuss-free kind of jelly. In other words, I am quite lazy to go the extra mile for jellies. I admire those who take a lot of pains to make fanciful jellies. But I don't mind eating them if someone were to make it. :)

Here's my very own fuss-free and easy to make jelly



Ingredients:

1 packet plain agar agar powder (I use 'Rose' brand.)
1 can fruit cocktail
3 to 4 ripe mangoes
150g sugar
1 litre liquid (I use the syrup of canned fruit, mango puree and water to get the amount.)

Method:

1. Drain canned fruit. Save the syrup to cook later.
2. Blend the mangoes and mixed with syrup in a pot.
3. Add water to make up 1 litre of liquid.
4. Add in sugar and mix in agar agar powder with a hand whisk.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring all the time. Remove from fire and add in the fruit and
mix.
6. Pour into a mould and leave to cool before refrigeration.

Time taken to make this jelly : 35 minutes

Hah! My better half has just requested for the Gula Melaka Coconut jelly. I promised him I would make it. It's just the question of 'When?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.