It can be eaten as a snack or a light lunch. It's healthy too!
What I used:
3 tablespoons plain flour
1 large egg
About 3 tablespoons stock or water
5 button mushrooms from the can, sliced
a handful shredded carrot
1 medium-sized potato, shredded
1/2 medium onion, chopped coarsely
1 sprig spring onion, chopped
1 sliced ham, chopped coarsely
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves ( fresh ones would be better)
2 to 3 teaspoons parmesan cheese
salt to taste
What I did:
1. Microwave potato with a little water to cook till slightly soft but not mushy.
2. Beat egg and water lightly and add to flour to make a batter. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Saute onion in a little oil for a minute, then add the potato and carrot. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients B and cook for a minute or two. Remove from fire.
5. Add the fried ingredients to the batter and mixed in cheese and oregano. The mixture may seem like there's more B than batter.
6. Use a non-stick pan and a little oil, spoon a portion of the mixture and spread it out to make it flat. Cook both sides till golden brown and serve.