1. Leek Omelette
2. Stir-fried Taukwa and Chives
3. Soya Beanpaste Fish
1. Slice thinly 2 to 3 stalks of leek and chop half an onion.
2. Beat 2 to 3 eggs lightly and season with salt or light soya sauce to taste.
3. Heat frying pan with a little oil and stir fry leek and onion. Add a little water to cook the leek.
4. When water has dried up, pour in beaten egg and let it cook on one side before turning over to cook the other side.
Stir-fried Taukwa and Chives
1. Shell and devein 8 medium prawns. Set aside.
2. Slice 2 to 3 taukwa or beancurd thickly. Pat dry and shallow fry taukwa slices till slightly golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Wash 5 to 6 stalks of chives and cut them into 3-cm lengths.
4. Slice a small portion of carrot into strips.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in frying pan and saute 2 cloves garlic(minced) and carrot.
6. Add taukwa and toss gently to prevent it from breaking. Add prawns and a little water, cover to cook the prawns.
7. Add half a tablespoon oyster sauce and half a tablespoon abalone sauce to a little water to mix and then pour into the pan, followed by the chives.
8. Stir to mix and dish up to serve.
Soya Bean Paste Fish
1. Rub salt and ginger juice onto fish(about 800g) especially the gut area.
2. Slice 2 medium-sized onions, 2 chillies and 3 slices ginger. Chopped 3 cloves garlic.
3. Heat 1 and a half tablespoon oil and saute onions, ginger, garlic and chillies.
4. Add 1 and a half tablespoon soya bean paste and saute for a while.
5. Add 400ml water or more and bring to boil, then put in the fish. Cover to cook the fish. Turn the fish over to cook the other side. This takes about 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
6. Add 2 tablespoon of chinese wine and a little sugar to taste, mix by swirling the pan. Dish up fish, garnish with spring onions and serve.
I used a 800g grouper and cut into 2 parts.