Sunday, April 25, 2010
Something savoury and these go well with a nice cold glass of shandy or beer!
1 packet Kraft Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
About 350g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
50g sugar (optional)
1 egg for glazing
1. Cream butter and grated cheese for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add in flour in portions till you get a soft dough.
3. Fill a cookie press and pipe out a long 'stick' and cut to lengths preferred.
4. Glaze with egg and baked at 160 degrees C till golden brown.
5. Cool before storing in an air-tight container.
For a spicy taste, you can add chilli powder, black pepper or paprika before creaming.
Add garlic powder or any of the dry spices for a preferred taste.