Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fried Hairy Gourd ('moh kuay')





I love this dish, so does my younger daughter. It's a kind of gourd or loofah. I'm not sure of its name in English. But in Hokkien it's known as 'moh kuay'. It's slightly hairy and dark green. Gee! I should have taken a picture of it before I had it sliced. Anyway it's easily obtainable at the market.


Ingredients:

1 hairy gourd ( 'moh kuay' ), skinned and cut into strips
1 egg omelette, cut into strips
2 red chilli, seeds removed and sliced thinly
4 to 6 medium prawns, shelled and diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
oil
salt
200 ml prawn stock or any stock

Method:

1. Heat oil in pan and fry garlic till fragrant but not brown.
2. Add the gourd and stir fry till the garlic is mixed with it.
3. Add prawn stock and cook for 5 minutes and then add in the prawns.
4. When the prawns are cooked, add omelette and sliced chilli and salt to taste.
5. Stir fry to mix for a couple of minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice.

You can add sliced meat or chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.