Monday, April 12, 2010
Three Delmonte bananas
Over-ripening in this heat!
Let's do the mash
And have a bash!
Ingredients for Banana Muffins:
3 ripe bananas, mashed
125 ml olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon banana essence (optional)
250 g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
100 g caster sugar
150 g chopped walnuts or choc chips (I used white choc chips)
1 not so ripe banana, sliced for topping
1. Beat eggs and oil lightly till well mixed and add in essence.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in egg mixture.
4. Mix for a short while (don't overmix) and add bananas and walnuts etc.
5. Spoon mixture into cupcake cases and top with some sliced bananas.
6. Bake at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
Verdict : Moist and soft