It was too late for me to rush to the market. I have to work this afternoon. I had originally planned on cooking mee goreng and needed some vegetables to go with it. Okay, what should I do now??? Think! Aha! CURRY! This dish never fails to delight my hubby. Since there are only the two of us, again I resorted to a one-dish meal. I managed to raid my fridge and came up with eggs, a carrot, a tomato, a capsicum and meatballs. The veggies were in the fridge for almost 4 days. If they're kept any longer, they would just waste away. So I decided to 'dump' everything in.
This is what I used:
2 medium-size onions
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cm ginger
3 chilli padi
some curry leaves
50g curry powder mixed with some water to a paste
1 packet coconut cream (Kara 200ml)
3 potatoes, cut to size
1 whole carrot, cut to size
4 hard-boiled eggs
8 swedish meatballs (from Ikea)
1 tomato, quartered
1 capsicum, sliced
water, depending on how much gravy you want
How I did it :
1. Grind all ingredients in A.
2. Microwave carrot and potatoes with enough water to cover on high for 6 minutes. This is to soften them partially and they cook faster in the curry. Do not discard the water as it can be added into the curry during cooking.
3. Heat enough oil in a pot and saute the ground ingredients till fragrant. Add in the curry paste and continue to stir fry for a few minutes.
4. Add in the carrot and potatoes together with the water. Add more water to boil till they are almost soft.
5. Then add in the meatballs and boil for a short while before putting in the eggs and the coconut cream. Bring to a boil and add salt to taste.
6. Lastly, add tomato and capsicum and let it boil for a minute and it's done!