Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sambal Egg

Having a constant supply of chilli sambal makes my cooking 'chore' convenient. I can easily whip up a dish in a jiffy. And I just did that! The chilli sambal I made is the type to be eaten with nasi lemak and I usually stock up a few containers and freeze.

What I used:

3 to 4 tablespoons chilli sambal
3 to 4 hard-boiled eggs
a little water

Optional:(I didn't use any of these cos' I didn't have them.)
some sliced onions
kaffir lime leaves
sliced tomatoes

What I did:

1. If you have the optional ingredients, then fry the onions for a couple of minutes.

2. Lower the fire, add the sambal slowly or it might spatter.
Throw in the tomatoes, eggs, water and kaffir lime leaves. cover and simmer for a few minutes. Remove and serve.

Since I didn't have the extras, I simply put the sambal, water and eggs and simmer for a while. No additional salt or sugar is required as the sambal would have been seasoned already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.