What you will need:
120g raisins boiled in 50 ml rum and 25 ml water, cool
270g plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
100g butter, melted and cool
55 ml olive oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 just ripe bananas, cubed
80g pine nuts
How it is done:
1. Sift flour and all dry ingredients together.
2. Beat butter, oil, essence and sugar at medium speed and add in the eggs one at a time.
3. Mix in the mashed bananas and then add flour in two parts, mixing well each time.
4. Finally add in the cubed bananas, raisins and nuts. Mix till combined.
5. Pour into three 15-cm greased and lined round tins. Bake at pre-heated oven 160 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes.
The cake is moist and not as dense as my previous recipe. I bake it in low tins so that it takes a shorter time to bake and the cake will not be dry.