Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Corned Beef-Hot Dog Fried Rice

After reading Mochachocolata-Rita's corned beef fried rice, I remembered I had some corned beef left in the freezer. I always deep-freeze unfinished food, even fresh chillies and ginger. I used to keep them in the fridge compartment and they perished within a couple of weeks. Now that they are frozen, they keep well for a long time. Just make sure they are washed before storing. There's a downside to it. The chillies will not be crunchy if eaten raw but they serve their purpose in dishes that need to be spiced-up. I got this idea from watching one of those food shows conducted by a young guy (can't remember his name).

So I decided to use up the leftovers - corned beef and hot dog.
And this is lunch.


What I used:

1/3 corned beef
3 hot dogs, sliced

1 medium-sized carrot, diced and parboiled
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 red + 1 green chilli, sliced

2 eggs, lightly beaten and seasoned with light soya sauce to make omelette

oil,
light soya sauce to taste or salt
pepper, either white or black
fried shallots for garnishing


What I did:

1. Prepare egg omelette and then slice to preferred size.

2. Saute onions and garlic in some oil for a minute and then add corned beef and fry for a couple of minutes.

3. Add in the rice and toss it about till well mixed.

4. Add carrot, chilli, hot dog, pepper and soya sauce to taste. Cover and let it cook for a while.

5. Lastly, add sliced egg and mix and then serve hot, garnished with fried shallots.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.