Not giving up after that boo-boo I made in the spiral curry puffs, I decided to make epok epok instead. This is a fool-proof curry puff and took me half the time to do.
What I used:(This recipe makes about 10 to 12 epok epok.)
Dry curry potato or sardines as filling
200g plain flour
70g butter, cubed
1/2 egg white
1/2 teaspoon salt
70 ml water
What I did:
1. Rub in butter in flour till it resembles bread crumbs.
2. Dissolve salt in egg white and water.
3. Make a well in the centre of flour mixture and pour in water and mix into a dough.
4. Pinch out the amount of dough and flatten it with your palm.(You can roll it out)
5. Put in a teaspoon of filling and wrap it up. Press the sides and pinch to seal the puff.
6. Heat enough oil in the pan and deep fry till golden brown.
Now it's time for a break and to read the papers. Ahh.........