Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Food Thickener

For cream soups, stews or some other dishes which require the gravy to be thickened, I usually use corn flour /cornstarch. The corn flour has to be mixed with water before adding it into the gravy. If I am not careful, I end up getting lumps in the gravy.

I have stopped using corn flour to thicken gravies. Instead I have been using a food thickener which is easy to use. Though it is slightly heavy on the budget, I like it in that the gravy stays thick without turning watery and I don't have to use much.


It can be obtained from any pharmacy located at the hospitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.