A meal for the two of us - Me and my daughter!
I had planned to cook laksa but shelved it. So it's fried bee hoon instead.
What I used:
1/3 packet bee hoon (rice vermicelli) I used double-chilli brand, soaked in water for 1/2 hour
1/2 carrot, cut into strips
1/2 can button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 large white onion, chopped coarsely
1 clove garlic, chopped
a small piece of fillet meat, sliced thinly (I used pork)
stock, enough to cook to soften the bee hoon
salt to taste
2 heaped teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
What I did:
1. Heat a little oil in pan, saute onions and garlic for a short while.
2. Add meat, carrot and mushroom and stir to mix.
3. Add tomato pesto and stir fry to mix. Then add bee hoon and some stock.
4. Stir fry to mix, lower heat to simmer to cook bee hoon.
5. Add a pinch of salt to taste. Mix and it is done.
6. To serve, place a teaspoon of pesto on top of bee hoon, mix and eat. Yum!
I bought this pesto at a factory in Woodlands. Besides producing different types of pesto, the factory churns out cakes, brownies, cookies, bread etc and supplies the goodies to hotels, restaurants etc.
This pesto is made of sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, black pepper, almond, apricot, salt and canola oil. Sounds healthy! That's the reason why I bought one to try.