Sunday, March 21, 2010
Butter Cake All Dressed-Up
250g butter (slightly soft)
40g cream cheese
6 tablespoons heavy cream
220g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
5 large eggs
250g self-raising flour (sifted)
1. Cream butter, sugar and cheese at medium speed till light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla essence and heavy cream and beat to combine.
3. Add one egg at a time and beat till well-mixed.
4. Add in flour and beat for about 3 minutes.
5. Pour into lined and greased 8" round tin.
6. Bake at pre-heated 150 degrees C for 50 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
7. Turn cake out and cool on rack and wrap in cling wrap.
Cake is best eaten the next day.
Verdict - Cake is slightly densed, moist and buttery flavoured.