Monday, March 8, 2010

No Theme Birthday Cake

I just couldn't decide - To bake or not to bake? I had my nephews' birthday lunch to attend on Sunday. Their birthdays were a week apart but it's usually celebrated together.
I had the whole house to myself........to clean. My better half had decided to try his luck at fishing.
I had read about this wonderful, steamed, moist chocolate cake sometime ago on a couple of blogs - Blessed Homemaker and Happy Flour. By the time I decided to bake, it was almost 3pm. Nevertheless, all was done by 4pm. Well I certainly couldn't present a 'botak' cake to my birthday nephews, so I did a quick ganache and decorated randomly with MM fondant.
My thanks to the above-mentioned blogs for the cake recipe though I had cut down on the sugar a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my humble blog. Please do drop a line or advice. My apologies if I am unable to respond to all your comments. Please leave a name rather than 'annoymous' after your comments.