(Well, I am not a good photographer and I only aim and shoot.)
Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake
170g caster sugar
200ml evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g cake flour
70g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1. Melt butter, sugar, vanilla and milk in a saucepan over a low fire until butter is melted. Do not
boil. Leave to cool.
(While waiting for the butter mixture to cool, start boiling the water in the steamer.)
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. Add the beaten eggs to the butter mixture and mix well.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and add the butter mixture and mix well.
5. Pour into a greased and lined 8-inch round tin and cover with a piece of aluminium to prevent
the cake top from getting wet.
6. Place the tin in the steamer and steam for 45 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
Verdict: I find the cake soft and moist but not as 'phang' as baked ones.