Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Green Bean Soup
Ingredients: (Serves 4 persons)
90g green beans, washed and drained
30g barley, washed and drained
about 6 pandan leaves, washed and tied
sugar to taste
a pinch of salt
1.5 litres water
1. Place beans, barley, pandan leaves, salt and water in a pot.
2. Bring it to a boil for 10 minutes. Do not cover the pot or it will boil over.
3. Then simmer till the beans and barley are soft.
4. Remove the pandan leaves and add sugar to taste. ( Do not add sugar before the beans are soft)
5. If the water level in the pot has deceased and if you prefer more soup, than add some hot
water and bring it to a boil.
6. You can serve it hot or cold.