Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Orange Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
180g caster sugar
3/4 teaspoon orange emulco
3 teaspoons orange rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
45 ml buttermilk
300g plain flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder
120g chocolate chips or more ( save some for toppings)
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in orange emulco, orange rind, buttermilk and salt.
3. Beat in the eggs , one at a time.
4. Then add in the flour with the baking powder and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Fill up cupcake cases 3/4 full and top with some chocolate chips.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 150 or 160 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or when skewer comes out clean.