Monday, March 1, 2010
Wholesome Fried Rice
2 bowls of leftover cooked rice
Half a carrot, shredded
2 string beans, sliced thinly
2 pieces of 'bak kwa' cut into strips
1 large white onion or any type of onion, chopped
1 clove garlic chopped or minced
Omelette from 2 eggs, shredded
Salt, pepper to talste
Sliced red and green chilli (optional)
Fried shallots and parsley for garnishing
1. Heat oil and stir-fry onion and garlic for a minute.
2. Add in the carrot and string bean and season with some salt and cook for a few minutes.
3. Next, add in the 'bak kwa' and sliced chilli and the rice.
4. Fry for about 5 minutes and then add in the omelette.
5. Fry until all the ingredients are well-mixed, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve garnished with fried shallots and parsley.